• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Motorola xpr 6550

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
New toy $5 At a yard sale ! Works too ! Waiting on my charger and programming cable those cost me $150 o_O
zu9uqepe.jpg

Great one. Nice work. Motorola xpr 6550 is simply amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairly new radio...it's had a rough first owner.

Just wondering....you got the software as well for it?

Does it still turn on? If you have a Motorola dealer in your area see if they can flash the newest firmware into it. If you send it back to Moto they are going to flat rate repair it which probably will be replacing the main board in it and it will end up costing you around 400 bucks. The cost of the firmware upgrade if it takes will only be a small programming fee.

Does it still turn on? If you have a Motorola dealer in your area see if they can flash the newest firmware into it. If you send it back to Moto they are going to flat rate repair it which probably will be replacing the main board in it and it will end up costing you around 400 bucks. The cost of the firmware upgrade if it takes will only be a small programming fee.

Turns on but screen is blank.. Wow that's expensive $$$! Not worth it to me.

You know any cops or firefighters really well? Most departments use local Motorola dealers for servicing.

I used to be in the loop with the local Motorola shop, but since I've retired I'm kinda out of the loop. They use to do just about everything I asked.

You know any cops or firefighters really well? Most departments use local Motorola dealers for servicing.

I used to be in the loop with the local Motorola shop, but since I've retired I'm kinda out of the loop. They use to do just about everything I asked.

Yes a few Leo's (friends), no fd and a few FBI. Never thought of that as our local pd still uses analog and as for fbi well whole different band. I'll see if a friend from local pd can gry in touch with there service man/women it's probably a ham which would be awesome

One other thing about Motorola radios...The VHF and UHF radios have completely different RF PA's and amps in them. Trying to get one to do the others freq band will most likely end up in a short life of the PA.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.