• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My apartment set up "new pics added"

bigger place

the bigger place is already needed we have me my mom and my 2 little brothers living in a small 2 bedroom apartment. hoping to get a house so i can set up a tower.- chong

I'll tell ya what Chongy , depending on who's around you ,I would think you would do pretty well on that antenna set up ,especially on sideband. I kind of envie you dude )-: I haven't had a big antenna in the sky for about 8 years now (Condo living and others telling me what I can and can't do) ,I was always proud of my antenna's ,I usually used a Maco Alpha V-5/8 , I love those antenna's. I would usually use a 50 foot push up pole and guide the crap out of it and would always use only as much coax that was needed , under 50 ft and usually 9913 . I always had a little 2 tuber on the side for the most part , but just on a tuned up radio I always did very well local and long distance local on those antenna's. Those were the days for me , I used to sit in my car down the road aways and admire my antenna in the sky (-: or just sit out in the front or back yard and look up at that baby in the sky (-: I have many pic's but they are mostly on video , hopefully one day I will be able to transfer some of them to disc. Looks like your doing alright here Chong ,especially being in a apartment building !! I hope you are having as much fun as I did when I got started some 20 years ago. Peace

takes balls to hook that up in an apartment. around here you'd be hanging by yours...

waiting a short while...

Dang, waiting a long while now...

antanna

im not supposed to have an antanna i break all the rules i like to say your not in trouble untill your cought. hehehe. i have to put up and take down my antanna every time i use it but hey its all good. my antanna works and the people who run the apartments told me i can have my antanna outside when im talking. im trying to find a way to put up a 30 foot push up pole but i havnt figured that out yet i guess i would have to run some guy ropes on stakes but i dont know.. later -chong

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.