• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My apologeys to everyone who messaged me

Whenever you come to this site and have messages you should get a pop up window staring you in the face to notify you. You should also get an email notifying you if you have notifications turned on.

Whenever you come to this site and have messages you should get a pop up window staring you in the face to notify you. You should also get an email notifying you if you have notifications turned on.

Go to your user control panel ( user CP on the top of the page)
Click on "edit options"
Scroll down to the part that says "Private messaging"
Check to see that the boxes are checked.
( see example below, the check boxes did not copy and paste but you get the idea)
Private Messaging
This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
Enable Private Messaging

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.
Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by defaultVisitor Messaging
This forum features a visitor messaging system that allows members to send messages to one another publicly.

If you do not want to receive visitor messages, you may disable the visitor messaging system.
Enable Visitor Messaging

You may limit the usage of your visitor messages to just moderators and your contacts.
Limit usage of Visitor Messages to Contacts and Moderators

Jeff

Answering private messages on this forum is not even close to being crucial like updating one's Facebook status! :laugh:

Yah I am now getting email when I get a message. This does get my attention..not sure how this change came to be?

Maybe one of the Admins stepped in and gave you a little help with your settings......

There is nothing wrong with your Computer. Do not attempt to adjust the Monitor. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your Computer. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The World Wide DX Zone

Jeff

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.