• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My Base and Mobile setups

VE6SDG

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 5, 2012
Nothing fancy for the base units...both hooked up to G5RV's.

This one is in my camper.
rigMedium.jpg

This one is in the house. There's a 2m rig on the shelf just over the monitors.
Rig2.jpg

This is my 2m and CB in the Jeep. I built the overhead console entirely from scratch from aluminum and TIG welded it together.
002-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Cool setups! I'm digging the old Icom, as a friend of mine had one years back. I looked it up just for fun, and WOW, a quadruple conversion receiver?? I'll bet she has some ears!

RT307

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks...the Jeep overhead only took about a weekends worth of time to build and it's been working great.
I love that old Icom as well and it does have good ears...I can hear way more stations than I can talk to with only 100w out. I was looking at an Icom 781 for an upgrade but when I got to the shop to look at it he told me it had a few intermittent issues that needed to be looked at and repaired at an unknown cost. He had the TS-950s for 50 bucks more so I went for it instead. Took me a few to figure out all the knobs and get everything setup but I like it so far. Good ears on it and I've been able to hit just about every station that I have called so far.

Saweet(sweet):LOL::drool:love that console. good day.

Thanks. I. Figured while I was at it I moved all my auxiliary lights and winch control to it as well. Added a dome light too since my old YJ don't have one when I have the soft top on.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.