• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My IMAX 2 k

Oatmeal

Mar 22, 2009
West Virginia..
I don't like where it is so going to move it....ok swr is good on the 10m band where I'm legal to talk..

Looking at moving it about 50ft to get it out in the open some, like to no how many wraps of coax for a choke ?
Will be using a 4" form
Using RG 213 coax on it now and no choke been used..

Thanks for the graph, printed me off a couple copies for the shack...good info there guys...

Had a friend on another forum I read where he posted in a post there, and said from the people who has been making chokes for years learned that between the sun shinning on there coax and using the 4" form they noticed the center wire inside the coax to have been bent to much, and that they had better results using a bigger forum like the 8" form, on coax from the size of the RG 213 coax and up...

had no problem with 213 or rg8 on 4.25 former but 9913 or heavier it's best to go larger diameter.Ps if it's been in the weather for years and you unwind it, the dialectic in the cable will crack ,but I'm talking really old cable.

Reactions: Oatmeal

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.