• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My new Ranger AR 3500 100w radios

70cst

Dec 4, 2009
These are my two newest radios. Why two...I could not pass up the price. They are on their way to Bob at Bob's CB so he can give them a complete make over. Maybe add the SP-1a option if these do not have them. Sounds like it will be a while before he gets on these but that's ok.

AR3500b_zps6e5b9d6f.jpg

AR3500100w_zps82697484.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

I would love to find one of them that actually works I had tried one out I was going to buy a few years back but it was terrible and sounded horrible fluctuating power and messed up audio.

sorry to hear that. Funny today nobody really steals radio stuff at least not here where I live. In the day if someone had a mag mount K40 you had to take it off your car or truck if you went shopping or someone would steal it. I've got a wilson 5000 mag mount on my chevy tahoe and nobody messes with anything no matter where I go. So I guess not a lot of people on the radio these days has it advantages. In 75 I had a 6 month old Johnson 323a stolen out of my car, I paid like 339.00 for that radio then, really ticked me off and they did it in my driveway. I was really really upset about that then.

When mine was stolen..
I was rather new to using frequency..
Verses typical channel 1-40 on CB..
So i had an index card listing all 40 channels frequency on the visor.

they took that as well..lol
I thought that was rather Funny

Awesome radio in its day but as one local shop owner will tell you "Its an obsolete radio you need to throw it away and buy a new radio!"

Hey Zman..

Although it is a Old radio.
Typically i would agree..

However those AR-3500 Destroy Most of the Current 10/11 meter radios

(until you step up to Icom,Yaesu,Kenwood,Ten-Tec, etc )

I have sent my two AR 3500's to CB Bob's and I am looking forward to trying this radio out ...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.