• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My old school Station & Pancake Antenna

kd6rhr

Mar 26, 2008
Direct from the Big Sky Country of Montana is the radio gear I run and my home brew Pancake Antenna!
As you see there is the good ole Swan 500CX pushing nearly 425 watts pep, my Kenwoods TS-700SP, TM-221A and my great 7950, my homebrew tuner, Redco C-40 frequency counter, rat shack 200/2000 watt rms/pep/swr meter and it works better than you might think! And of course my super Royce 1-641 SSB Transceiver!!
The pancake home made antenna covers 80 to 10 including 11 meter and I am sure the WARC bands if I had a rig that went there! It is serving me well with all of my antenna restrictions at my home 20!!!! Forgot my emergency hand crank AM/FM/SW portable radio very reliable at power outages!!!! Oh yeah that is my Arrow Antennas dual band j-pole and it does not interfere with the homebrew pancake
Thanks for looking
Steven
kd6rhr

Attachments

• radio pancake 025c.jpg
    radio pancake 025c.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 681
  • radio pancake 026c.jpg
    radio pancake 026c.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 678
Last edited:

I don't suppose you might be able to give us some details about that antenna? That is insanely cool looking, and appears to be pretty compact, if not maybe portable.

Nice looking gear there! :p:

If you are talking about his "pancake antenna" Google Tak-Tenna. I bought the 11 meter version but have not had time to get it in the air yet. :mad:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.