• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My Truck

CDX197 said:
Its Pretty :D i have a question. dont the antenna's have to be atleast 8 feet apart? The ones you have on now might be more than that. But im not sure. Just wanted to know!

Thats what I thought until my buddy helped me tune them, he was 15 miles away(base), and I kept moving the "hot" antenna until it got to that spot, he said don't touch it.. leave it there.

hum

not being rude but did you tune them with a swr meter also and was that a field streghe meter type thing .

The swr's are about 1.2 across the 40 channel band. I don't have a field strength meter.. I used the distance between me and the other station to fine tune the system. I know it talks the best out of the front.

At 900 watts peak, 15 or so miles away, I gave 202(my buddy) 10 s-units on his meter talking out of the back of the truck.

When I was facing his direction, I gave him 60db with the amp on, and about 13db with the amp off @ 13 watts peak.

202 was recieving with a yeasu(spelling?) ft101e, which I know has a generous meter, if it were a cobra or something it probably would have been less.

Brotherman said:
The swr's are about 1.2 across the 40 channel band. I don't have a field strength meter.. I used the distance between me and the other station to fine tune the system. I know it talks the best out of the front.

At 900 watts peak, 15 or so miles away, I gave 202(my buddy) 10 s-units on his meter talking out of the back of the truck.

When I was facing his direction, I gave him 60db with the amp on, and about 13db with the amp off @ 13 watts peak.

202 was recieving with a yeasu(spelling?) ft101e, which I know has a generous meter, if it were a cobra or something it probably would have been less.

You are not tunned in just yet. If he had 10 s units on you out the backdoor and was 15 miles away.. You are not there yet.
He should have had a very small to 0 copy if it was tunned properly.

383stroker said:
Brotherman said:

You are not tunned in just yet. If he had 10 s units on you out the backdoor and was 15 miles away.. You are not there yet.
He should have had a very small to 0 copy if it was tunned properly.

Oh I'm not finished with it.. I just wanted to get out of "muduck" stage..lol.. During the next few month I'm planning in big changes.. I'm going to shoot for an antenna system like the one on Skaters truck and as long as my green stamps are ok, a muddy water slapper(AC box)..

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have said that last part.. some local folks may be lurking around.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.