• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My updated shack!

Nice touch with the sound treatment on the walls.

What rotator are you using on that Yagi?
The rotor is the Yaesu G800-DXA and I use the Hy Gain YRC-1 rotor controller which provides both manual and computer control that works with many rig and rotor control software programs I use like HRD, N1NM Logger, and PstRotatorAZ.

I ony wish I had the antenna at least 45 feet!

The sound proofing is nothing more than matress padding Walmart sells but it works and looks good enough. My friends call my shack the padded cell!

I occasionally record music demos so my shack is a home recording studio as well. That's what the padding was put up for.

Thanks for noticing!

And what is the mast shelf / clamps being used with the rotor and the thrust bearing?
DXE sells the rotor platform but it was out of stock when I was looking for them.

I bought the same pair direct from a company in Germany for fifty bucks cheaper with shipping. I also bought the thrust bearings from them which were priced good and to be sure they matched up with the platform holes.

The bearing holes are supposed to match up with Yaesu thrust bearings and rotors. My rotor and bearings were a perfect fit.

I do strongly recommend you use 2 rotor platform plates and thrust bearing if using a heavy antenna on a pole like I'm doing. I believe you can see why that is.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.