• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need a little help Attic Dipole.

sandpiperx

Jan 15, 2010
Denton, Texas USA
I have a dipole ( inverted v) I have been testing in the attic it stands about 30 feet up, Running off my antenna switch. Running a galaxy dx2527 through a MJF tuner with a SWR at 1.4 The problem I am running into is I am getting voice through on computers through out the house and it keeps making my comp mouse to be reset every time I key this thing up.. Any help or thought would be great.. I am picking up alot of great signal on 11 meter. Filter etc.. I don't know..

Thanks in advace

Attic Dipole

What is your SWR without the tuner?
Do you have a good ground on your station and the tuner?
Running an amp?
Running a RF filter(low Pass)?

Your wireless mouse may be one that uses 27mHz to communicate with the computer.

You may need to place chokes on your speaker wires

Were you getting this interference when the Dipole was Horizontal ?

All the Best
BJ

I will look into that I do Have a balum that was already wired in and the coax connected to the bottom. Should I just wrap the remaining coax to the existing balum? .. I read through the post and thinking on a way to do it.

What is your SWR without the tuner? 1.4
Do you have a good ground on your station and the tuner? yes
Running an amp? no
Running a RF filter(low Pass)?no

Your wireless mouse may be one that uses 27mHz to communicate with the computer. no wireless go figure usb logitech

You may need to place chokes on your speaker wires... please explain?

Were you getting this interference when the Dipole was Horizontal ? first shot only vert.. thanks for the time BJ

All the Best
BJ

Probably the cause for that RF getting into everything is just over-load. It really doesn't take a lot of power to do that, just being 'near' wiring (primary AC, computer, phone lines, whatever) is one way to cause interference to stuff. Computer speaker systems are notorious for picking up RF, for instance. The quick-n-dirty way of handling that is to just turn'em off. Or, do it the harder way, filter, by-pass, shield it all.
Good luck.
- 'Doc

I did take out the tuner .. it was in line on the switcher. I have 2 other Antennas on the switch. My swr dropped a little and it seemed to clear up the mouse issue.. So far so good.. Lets see how it goes.. great info thanx

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.