• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need an oscillator or 2....................

look musky ,IM really on your side here dude (-: ....but IM gathering you think IM against you ? ....IM not !! (-: Do what you feel the need to do about it .....I personally wouldn't have to start a thread on what to do about it especially if I've been around 30 some years on the radio as you have ? It just don't mean that much to me anymore ,I've been through what you are going through many times in the past ......20 years is a long time ....IM 46 years old and I really don't have the time for somebody else's bull$hit ....I'd much rather watch reruns of Leave it to Beaver then get myself all worked up over some drunk'in idiot down the road from me on his cb radio. My health is my wealth musky and I really haven't got time for the insane. As I've said before....I honestly wish you the best of luck and that you can come up with a soulution that will work for you. Peace Switch Kit

Justin's idea is a good one. I was thinking along the same lines - take a "junker" that still transits a bit, modify it to act as a wideband transmitter, tie it into a battery and an inconspicuous antenna, and sneak in and place it near his house. If you have someone who's REALLY brave, build a tiny power supply, and plug it into one of the guy's outside outlets. Maybe two of you could do this - one of you distract him in person, the other sneak in while he's distracted and do your thing. Do this at night with little/no moon, of course.

The only other alternative is to get as mahy together as possible and lodge a group complaint with the FCC. You'd need to check your illegal stuff for a while, but it might be worth it to get the guy off the air. If you can, record his activity, as well. That will help your case.

either that or take real fine wire and a weight make sure it gets around his ant. vert element and drapes over the ground plane effectively shorting out the ant. naw it isn't worth the risk. just don't get yourself in a jam. :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

Been following this thread for a bit now and thought it was time to chime in:

I travel the interstate route daily, very near to Musky1963 and likely this is the same clown who is wreaking havoc on ch. 19 for us drivers. The only difference for us is we have to tolerate him for several miles until we depart from his area whereas Musky and the locals endure it much longer. Seems his signal is strongest near exit 29. Perhaps Musky already has a fix on his address. However, what good would placing a small wideband transmitter do when he's keyed up without interruption for hours at a time? That isn't gonna affect him until he unkeys - if ever! I'm not one who advocates tresspassing onto private property and then to further commit acts of vandalism. As corny and as impossible as it appears, I'd submit a videotape w/ various dates/times appearing in the screen's corner of a picture trained on a CB radio receiving his transmitted nonsense and then mail it to the FCC office in Buffalo, NY. With that evidence alone, I should hope they would at least send him a warning letter.

Misuse of the CB band is rampant and just from passing through that interstate corridore where you live reveals a number of folks using the band to operate businesses and not personal communications. Heck, even the snowplowing outfits are running their 2-way traffic on CB!

Well, he does to talk to a few and keys/plays music when he isn't part of the QSO or isn't interested. If he cannot hear what channel we are on, since his ears will be plugged, then he will not know where to key up. Everyone knows his name and address and he does not care. He is a worthless, lazy punk.

you need a cheap antenna tuner or matchbox (if it can be tuned that far and if you have one that will take whatever watts he putting out)-- if there is a place to cut his coax and put the antenna tuner in without him seeing it-- add the tuner on one side and a piece of coax hanger wire on the other
This way when he checks his swr its fine but he is loaded up to a piece of wire and isn't getting out no where near as strong-- he will think its a radio problem since his swr will be good
He sure won't sound as loud on a small piece of wire-- that should take down his power quite a bit
A small electric motor attached to a battery hidden near the coax or antenna will plug up his receive-- but i guesxs the problem is his TX
Best thing is a cheap tuner-- they will never think its the antenna because the first thing he will do is check the swr and it will be fine
That or get a buddy with a big hard hitting mobile to sit right behind his house and key up and take out his rx

Back when I was still young a dumb, I accidentally blew a few people's receivers in that fashion. I was running a Sweet 16 back then. One of the radios I knocked out was a local base station, and it just happened that I was driving by his house while talking. I have no idea if the same physical situation is there on your end, but ig you have someone with an 8-pill or larger mobile setup, they could surely do some damage if modulated hard enough and long enough next to his house.

By the way, is the guy married or living with anyone? I'm guessing he isn't.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.