• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need help identifying mods--pics attached

IronGuts

Mar 3, 2012
Attached are pictures of a Uniden Grant LT I recently picked up. The owner didn't know the history of any mods that might have been done. The inside revealed what looked to be two modifications, but I'm a newbie and I don't know for sure, there may be more, or this might just be stock stuff. One mod looks to be a small board with a couple wires and a jumper of some sort. The other looks to be two short green wires creating jumpers? What are these and what's the purpose? The inside of the radio has a date written in marker with an "R" and "T" circled, maybe indicating the type of mods done? The back of the radio has "Fuzzy's" handwritten in the same marker, perhaps the shop that did the work. Everything looks really clean. Anyway, as a newbie, I'm just trying to learn what's "under the hood." Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• IMG_2273 (640x427).jpg
    IMG_2273 (640x427).jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2278 (640x427).jpg
    IMG_2278 (640x427).jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 19

I can't see anything out of the ordinary. Check all the knobs and switches to see if they do what they are supposed to do.

Hmmm. It looked like the rectangular flat silver thing with the soldered wires was added. I thought maybe a speech processor or something. Also looked like the two small green jumpers wwre added. Must be stock stuff? Thanks.

Hmmm. It looked like the rectangular flat silver thing with the soldered wires was added. I thought maybe a speech processor or something. Also looked like the two small green jumpers wwre added. Must be stock stuff? Thanks.

That is stock.

Thanks. Can you tell me what that big flat metal thing is, the rectangular thing about in the middle of the top photo, on the green side of the board? Is has a couple wires coming from it.

if you are fortunate, it is a extra channel board.
If you are unlucky - an echo board. Can't see where it is wired in. If it wired into the mic circuit; then it is probably an echo board. if it wired into the PLL/VCO; then it is extra channels . . .

the flat metal is an rf shield found in most uniden exports.

Thanks. Can you tell me what that big flat metal thing is, the rectangular thing about in the middle of the top photo, on the green side of the board? Is has a couple wires coming from it.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.