• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need Help with AWG packet engine and AWG BBS

Hey Todd, been wondering what ever happened with that Omega One Radio thing with the FCC?
or did it die when Hollingsworth retired.

What do you mean? the warning letters or the station itself.

The station ran between August to November of 2007 and shut down after the hard drive which had all the music on it went bad. In October of 2008, the FCC send the first warning letter, which I responded. In January of 2008 the FCC responded back to my respond claiming I lied, I didn't respond back to it, and Riley retired. In December of 2008 I requested anything information that deal with Omega One Radio and my call-sign. The FCC responded back, asking for me to clarify my request and again I stated I wanted anything, including complaints AND any field strength measurement, if any were taken. The FCC forwarded the information to the Wireless Bureau and to the Enforcement Bureau, and on January 24 I received 82+ pages, including complaints and material that they (The FCC) gathered that came off the Internet. After I reviewed it and a Lawyer reviewed it, we find that the FCC DID NOT have any real evidence against me or the station (I.E. they didn't do a field strength measurement as required by law) but instead based those warning letter on material that they got off the internet, Material they can not use. So accordingly I, through my Lawyer is going to push to have those two warning letters removed, due to lack of evidence. I hope this answer your question.

Todd N9OGL

The reason the FCC can't use that material that they gathered off the internet, is that the FCC doesn't have jurisdiction over the internet. The Character Qualification for a license also has be tightened over the years, and the newly tightened rules do not apply to what a licensee does on the internet. In fact the only thing the FCC can go after under the new rules is (a) fraudulent repre*sen*tations to govern*mental units, (b) criminal misconduct involving false state*ments or dishon*esty, and (c) broadcast-related violations of anti-trust or other laws dealing with competi*tion

Todd N9OGL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.