• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEED HELP WITH / DX95T

S

spiderman

Hi All,
I got this radio thinking I could really reach out and talk to people. Maybe if I knew how to operate it properly.
How do I DX talk on this thing ?, so many knobs & choices.
How do I use the differant bands, etc.The radio has been peaked & tuned. I have read the manual, it leaves a lot of info a mystery to me. Is there a book I can read to help me out.
I will admit I am a rookie,novice, but I dont see myself as a total idiot. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!
THANK YOU , Spiderman

1 Very Important tip. Do not go on the bands that are 28mhz and above. Stay on 11 meter band. If you want to talk DX you hear skip yell back.

95t

yeah my buddy in nj just sold one of these on ebay he loved but he couldnt drive a low drive amp with it so he bought another radio . jus todnt beat on the or they get hot and gett the fan mod done in the inside to cool the pils

were did u get your 95t spiderman??

Re: 95t

redwing21 said:
yeah my buddy in nj just sold one of these on ebay he loved but he couldnt drive a low drive amp with it so he bought another radio . jus todnt beat on the or they get hot and gett the fan mod done in the inside to cool the pils

were did u get your 95t spiderman??

i cant imagine why a guy with a 95t couldnt run a amp with a built in driver.. :roll:

i would recomend you just lose the radio. those exports are junk.

95t

yeah he ended getting a cobra 29 and a used bird 43 smartest thing he ever did

95t

call galaxy get owners manual, 11meter is E AM
middle of radio is a slide switch gnf-----40db pad
put switch in the middle. slide switch to mod lamp not 10khz
switch that to left is RB---ECHO slide to RB for rogerbeep
ECHO is for echo. bottom row of dials, vol/sq mic/tb dim/pwr
and course/fine also they act as on /off switchs example/
dial that says dim/power that will dim lights also turn off feg
counter. also pay attention to 3lights under channel selector.
HI SWR WARNING. DONT LISTEN WHEN PEOPLE SAY THOSE
TALK GOOD ON SSB, THAT IS B.S

Dont do as well as my Lincoln on SSB but not bad. Never had any problems with drift like the older models

Ive got a 95T that sounds awsome on SSB. The locals cant tell the difference between it and my Alinco dx-70. Its all about who you have set them up and how you opreate them.

" cant imagine why a guy with a 95t couldnt run a amp with a built in driver..

i would recomend you just lose the radio. those exports are junk "

SAY WHAT. For starters, the 95T will dead key from 10-40 watts depending on the tune and swing to almost 200 watts. You already have as much or more power then a 2 pill amp like a Palomar 250.

If you do decide to run an amplifier with the 95T it will have to be at least a straight 4 or 6 pill with 2879's. Like and X-Force, Magna Force, Davemade and so on. You CANNOT run an amplifier with a DRIVER STAGE like you stated.

I think Exports are very cool, and obviously alot of other people do cause they sell like mad. Look at all the brands, Galaxy,Connex,General, Magnum,RCI, Cobra, and Stryker. New export radio's are comming out on a regular basis. The rest of the c.b. radio market is dead.

Butcher318 said:
" cant imagine why a guy with a 95t couldnt run a amp with a built in driver..

i would recomend you just lose the radio. those exports are junk "

SAY WHAT. For starters, the 95T will dead key from 10-40 watts depending on the tune and swing to almost 200 watts. You already have as much or more power then a 2 pill amp like a Palomar 250.

If you do decide to run an amplifier with the 95T it will have to be at least a straight 4 or 6 pill with 2879's. Like and X-Force, Magna Force, Davemade and so on. You CANNOT run an amplifier with a DRIVER STAGE like you stated.

I think Exports are very cool, and obviously alot of other people do cause they sell like mad. Look at all the brands, Galaxy,Connex,General, Magnum,RCI, Cobra, and Stryker. New export radio's are comming out on a regular basis. The rest of the c.b. radio market is dead.

Butcher 318,
Your 100% right about buying an Export Radio. They are a lot of Radio for the buck.. Alot's of band's to talk on..
Tom

One reason why I like exports is precisely BECAUSE the feds don't want me to have one. That right there is reason enough to get one.

But I have "issues" with authority, so there you go....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.