• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need info on some radios

Hurricane892

CB Tagger
Mar 22, 2013
Mexico, MO
Hello. I'm new to the boards, but I've piddled around on the CB for a while now. Mostly playing CB tag with some friends or just shooting the breeze with the other local CBers.

Anyway, today my father had a trailer load of scrap metal that he was hauling in and I found 5 CB radios and a HAM radio that I saved and would like to know if they were worth digging out. They're all in pretty rough shape, but all the CBs are 23 channel. I'm hoping they're at least worth keeping for the crystals.

The HAM is a Regency BTH-201

And the CBs...

Aimor CB-7000

Pace CB143

Midland 13-857 (DoM: May 1976)

Midland 13-866 (DoM: September 1976)

Midland 77-853 (DoM: August 1977)

Were they worth digging out of the scrap metal?

Yea, not much demand for old 23 channel radio's. If you have an old time local radio tech he might take them and stack em in the corner on the chance that they contain a discontinued part for a future repair.

Well, alright. I thought I had read somewhere that the crystals could be used in other working 23 channel radios to mod them and make them into a 40 channel unit.

Thanks for your time, guys.

Hello. I'm new to the boards, but I've piddled around on the CB for a while now. Mostly playing CB tag with some friends or just shooting the breeze with the other local CBers.

Anyway, today my father had a trailer load of scrap metal that he was hauling in and I found 5 CB radios and a HAM radio that I saved and would like to know if they were worth digging out. They're all in pretty rough shape, but all the CBs are 23 channel. I'm hoping they're at least worth keeping for the crystals.

The HAM is a Regency BTH-201

And the CBs...

Aimor CB-7000

Pace CB143

Midland 13-857 (DoM: May 1976)

Midland 13-866 (DoM: September 1976)

Midland 77-853 (DoM: August 1977)

Were they worth digging out of the scrap metal?

The Regency could be a nice FOX radio! The CBs can supply some parts even possible to use them to make receivers or CW rigs for ten meters. If I was closer I'd take 'em!

73 mechanic

Not much of a demand for them old radios. As a matter of fact I have a closet full aswell. Johnson, Pace, Sears, J.C. Penny, Realistic and some others. They will eventually find new homes.

The 77-853 should be a 40 channel. Jan 1 1977 is when 40 channels came out.

The Pace CB and the Midland CB's as mentioned aren't really worth anything. However if they work, why not hook them up and use them?

I don't know about the Aimor or the Regency.

I used to have a plastic tote full of old 23 channel CB radios I thought would be good for parts. They were not and I tossed them all in a dumpster about a year ago. I would pitch the Regency as well. Junk.

Somewhere there is a person who needs a part for the radios that you have. My advice is to post them on ebay as a lot and see what you reel in - you may be surprised.

Individually they aren't worth much, unless you find a collector who needs one of your radios to complete a collection- unlikely, but possible.

I used to have a plastic tote full of old 23 channel CB radios I thought would be good for parts. They were not and I tossed them all in a dumpster about a year ago. I would pitch the Regency as well. Junk.

I presume most of them were cybernet chassis radios?

I too had a lot of old radios. One of them didn't work, figured I might as well have some fun with it in the driveway....

Attachments

• Midland 13-863B 003.jpg
    Midland 13-863B 003.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Midland 13-863B 001.jpg
    Midland 13-863B 001.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.