• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need some help with a base ant

N

nvcowboy25

i am gonna be seting up a base and was hoping you experts can give me some dierections i can not mount a 12 element beam as much as i would like i wanna shot skip and local i am leaning to a maco 5/8 or simalier ant i do plann running a box ever once in a while the radioe well be etier a undengrant lt or a rci 2950 dx depending on mood not sure if i can mount a tower so gonna have to do some thinking soryy about the spelling and thank you in advace . ps i live in reno nv so i have a few bigger mountanins around me gonna run rg213 or better

nvcowboy25 said:
i am gonna be seting up a base and was hoping you experts can give me some dierections i can not mount a 12 element beam as much as i would like i wanna shot skip and local i am leaning to a maco 5/8 or simalier ant i do plann running a box ever once in a while the radioe well be etier a undengrant lt or a rci 2950 dx depending on mood not sure if i can mount a tower so gonna have to do some thinking soryy about the spelling and thank you in advace . ps i live in reno nv so i have a few bigger mountanins around me gonna run rg213 or better

If you have the bux, I'd say buy the I-10K from A1 Antenna's (there's a link towards the bottom of the page), especially if you get high winds.

hey there..

if you have the money..
then Jay's Interceptor I-10K
it is a 5/8 wave gound plane 1st to none

last winter my chimny mounts failed 2 or 3 times
the I-10K held up great..

but it is also only a good antenna if you like talking good skip..

also although beams are good they have a lower angle of radiating
while talking..

i have had the A-99 as well as the Imax 2000 as well as the shakespear big stick..
you could take all 3 of them together and still not have half as good an antenna as Jay's I-10K (regarding talking ability and high wind survivibility)

i still am looking to get out to say russia and some parts of the orient...

but with jay's I-10K i have spoken from nyc to all over europe
all over south america all over africa and to new zealand and taiwan (not bad using only a 706 MKIIG )

Later

If you can't get up very high go with astro plane clone. If you can get 36 ft or higher go with a Maco 5/8. If you want to spend 250 or more check out Jays antenna like mentioned above or a Mr coily. Cobra I talked to Russia last year on lower 39. Heard him talking foreign langauge and say Russia . So I yelled back with a Pogo Stick and 200 watts. Talked for about 20 mins and then faded out. Said it was only the second time talking to USA. Made my week!!

Base Antenna

Thomas, you might want to look at coily's website on www.mrcoily.com , his Enforcer base might be just what your looking for.
I have just purchased one and are waiting for it to arrive, will let you know how it performs when I get it up.
How did you get on with the 2950dx did Justin manage to fix it for you?
Murray

thank you all

no old piret i had a guy in the town i was living in gave it a go for me in a ant deal i had with him he got it tuned up a lot better thanks for asking thought i have recently moved to reno nv too but far as the base i can not set up a tower here and the ant has to be low foot print if ya know what i mean i am renting the house the saied i could mount a ant as long as it is not a massive one and no tower i have no chimney so any other ideas are greatly appracted

nvcowboy25,
Considering your circumstances, and anyone's financial status after a 'move', You'd probably be well off to put up some fairly inconspicuous vertical on a pole. If it would handle whatever power level your amplifier can deliver, it would be even better. But, if not, then stay out of the amplifier. The mountains? Don't worry about them. They won't affect things all that much (and what can you do about them anyway? :))...
- 'Doc

PS - And I ain't no expert.

tripod and tall mast

i am running in to mounting issues i can't have a tower was wondring on like a satlite dish tripod and a fairly tall mast and guy wires if need mounedt to top of roof .any ideas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.