• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need some help with a base ant

Base Antenna

Thomas, with most of the verticals you don't need to go to the expence of a tower, usually a twenty foot length of 1 1/2" galvanized steel water pipe is enough to give a reasonable clearance above other structures. Simple brackets can be made out of stainless steel and use U bolts to secure them to the pipe. I use this setup at my location with a second section telescoping.
Because the bottom of the mast is six feet above the ground this puts the base of my antenna at 40 ft.
Murray

hum

may this is trouble some i can't seem to get any one on the phone today to order some lmr400 and teflon pl259s to get my base up and running the power supplie is on its way got me a satt tv tripod and 40 foot os thick mast antron is rotting away in the garge just need to get all togher and some bloodey coax any one know if you can re coat a antron 99 i am tierd of geting splinters lol

nvcowboy,
Yes, you can re-coat a fibreglass antenna. Find some good resin. Stay away from the stuff at hobby stores. It comes in smaller 'batches' but isn't nearly as good or consistant as that from a good body shop supply. As long as you're going to be doing that, why not get some light weight glass cloth and do it 'right'?
- 'Doc

PS - Hope your not allergic to fibreglass or the resin - lol.

hum

not that i know of but this antron is i have no idea howold it is just a temp ant then i am probally gonna go with a i10k but it well be a back up so figured give it new life so where would be a good place to get some lmr 400 with them puting pl259 from amprol the teflon ones .

coax on its way

got 150' of lmr 400 with there pl259 coming from davies rf man this stuff is a cunk of chedder lol no just need the pwer supplie

nvcowboy,
LMR-400? No idea, sort of overkill as far as I'm conserned. I'd certainly stick with Amphenol, but the 'bakelite' type work just fine at HF (and are re-usable). Good luck...
- 'Doc

thank you

thank the main reson i glt the lmr is i am looking to the future if ya know what i mean i seem to do that alot at the time it is over kill but in the end it works out antsicating the i10k from jay maybe he wants to donate me one lol merry x-mas and happy new year

hum

ok got power supplie today still wating on my coax from davies rf running unidengrant as radieo antronn 99 on a 40 foot mast on a 3 foot tripoed 20 foot on top of roof as soon as i get coax

hum

fianly got coax man this stuff is awsome stiff but good but my tripod i got sucks it is weak i am gonna look into to a bigger long pide stuck in the ground and tie it off to the house and maybe at 45 feet of three inch stell pipe should be stronge enough to hold a vert .

The Maco V5/8 is a good modest priced antenna.
Will not hold up to a severe thick ice storm though.
Radials will bend or break. Already had it happen to
me. That's the only reason i will not run one again.
Other then that, good performing antenna for CB.
If severe climate is not a issue you have many choices
you could make with buying antennas.
Good Luck with whatever you get!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.