• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEED YOUR OPINIONS

stickman

Jul 1, 2005
northern va
IF ANYONE HAS THE NEW CONNEX 4300/300 I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR OPINION ON THIS RADIO. I AM CONSIDERING TO BUY ONE IN THE NEAR FUTURE!
THANKS
STICKMAN

my nopion is its the best am/fm only radio out rite now
course im a fan of connex on am mode.but if ya want
a BIG radio and no amp this would be the way 2 go.
i dont believe too many ampo would handle this kinda
drive anyway.

stickman said:
IF ANYONE HAS THE NEW CONNEX 4300/300 I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR OPINION ON THIS RADIO. I AM CONSIDERING TO BUY ONE IN THE NEAR FUTURE!
THANKS
STICKMAN

I know this is an Aug 3 post but I felt I need to reply, since I have one of these wonderful radios.

The 4300-300 I have is doing 600 watts peak and it's just one bodacious radio. :D

I probably should keep this sort of thing a secret, since I don't want everyone to get one, ;) but I think I'm safe, since it's pretty expensive. Especially if you put the 2879 pills in it. :D

4300/300

Iv'e had a lot of truckers want this radio! i want to know how you can get 600 watts out of this radio? when out of the box with a GOOD! alignment can only get 400 watts,let me know please cause i will buy one for the shop. :D(oooooooooo! did it NOT!come with the 2879s).

Re: 4300/300

bigun297 said:
Iv'e had a lot of truckers want this radio! i want to know how you can get 600 watts out of this radio? when out of the box with a GOOD! alignment can only get 400 watts,let me know please cause i will buy one for the shop. :D(oooooooooo! did it NOT!come with the 2879s).

Harmonics.

600 watts!!!!! boy someone lied to you. Ain't no way in hell that it is REALLY doing 600 watts, maybe over modulating like hell and showing 600 watts on a doisy meter. A clean, well tuned and unclipped 300 watts maybe.

Kinda like this fool triple R here in NC who told drivers that he could get 1000 WATTS out of one.

i agree, a 2879 will only do 140-175 tops, using the pair and figuring the voltage drop its mabey 300, my guess would be 240.

Why can't people just appreciate that radio for what it is. Give it a nice clean correct tune, bolt the cover on and leave it the heck alone. Some clown shop has to go and stick 2879's in a radio that was not made to work properly with those finals and it sure as heck can't keep things cool that way. All for what, maybe 100 more watts. 600 watts, thats funny. There's one born every minute.

hotrod said:
my nopion is its the best am/fm only radio out rite now
course im a fan of connex on am mode.but if ya want
a BIG radio and no amp this would be the way 2 go.
i dont believe too many ampo would handle this kinda
drive anyway.

600 watts... Umm yeah. And you can't honestly say this because the 4300-300 is a radio with a built in amp. It can't be a big radio without an amp because it has one built in.

You know i really think that this is a great idea on the part of Connex. Got all the power you will ever need with out the need of an external amplifier.....now if people would just leave the damn thing along and stop trying to please the Dosy gods then they would better off!

50 w dk 150 rms and 400 peak

2 w dk 100 rms and 300 peak
limiter intact!! crystal clear.

6 pill is the smallest box you can power with this radio

King Mudduck said:
600 watts!!!!! boy someone lied to you. Ain't no way in hell that it is REALLY doing 600 watts, maybe over modulating like hell and showing 600 watts on a doisy meter. A clean, well tuned and unclipped 300 watts maybe.

Kinda like this fool triple R here in NC who told drivers that he could get 1000 WATTS out of one.

HAHA WHAt an idiot. he should be shot

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.