• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEEDED UNIDEN BEARCAT 980 MIC WIRING !!!!!!!!!!!

Retro CB Guy

Jun 22, 2014
Can't seem to find such a simply thing ANYWHERE on the internet so I'm annoyed as hell now and asking you good folks please...

I just want the default mic wiring for the Uniden Bearcat 980 6wire setup PLEASE....

" ANYBODY KNOW ???????????????? "

73'S - Retro

If you're using the 6 pin to 4 pin adaptor they include with the radio then wiring is the standard set up like Cobra radios. The extra two pins are for their wireless mic.

Mic plug

1- audio shield
2- audio hot
3 - Tx control
4 - Rx control

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
What it is I'm trying do is use that 6pin to 4pin adaptor on another radio without blowing an IC chip or something so I needed to know the Bearcat's 980 wiring is !! The other radio I was wanting to use it on is a RCI 2900 ssb mobile...

I don't think they are same wiring so I'm out of luck !

Retro

Attachments

• RCI-2900 SSB maybe mine 13.jpg
    RCI-2900 SSB maybe mine 13.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 15
Retro, here U go: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/405558/Uniden-Bearcat-980.html

From manual:
install 6-pin to 4-pin aDapter
The Bearcat 980 SSB is pre-configured for Uniden's new 6-pin wireless,
noise-cancelling technology, available in 2012. Your Bearcat 980 SSB
comes with an adapter to connect the radio's 6-pin microphone jack to
an aftermarket 4-pin microphone.
1. Insert the 6-pin side of the adapter into the Bearcat 980 SSB 6-pin
microphone jack connection.
2. Plug a 4-pin microphone connector into the 4-pin side of the
adapter.

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
I know this is an old post, but got a question.
Do you think if I rewire the mic socket on my RCI2970 to match the Uniden that is posted, would the wireless mic work on the 2970?

Last edited:
yes it will work, you will need to get the audio signal into the wireless mic base, most just use the external speaker jack. search on youtube many people have done it for use on other radios

Found out Unidsn 980, President Lincoln II, and McKinley share same pinout. Just fyi
Yeah the same as the Magnum 6 pin also, I can't verify they ones you mentioned. I've wired a few for the Unidens I just want to be sure I give you the correct wiring. I won't be back in the shop until this evening and I'll post it.

Yeah the same as the Magnum 6 pin also, I can't verify they ones you mentioned. I've wired a few for the Unidens I just want to be sure I give you the correct wiring. I won't be back in the shop until this evening and I'll post it.
On the 6 pin microphone plug
Pin 1 - Audio
Pin 2 - Receive Control
Pin 3 - Transmit
Pin 5 - Audio shield

You only use 4 pins
That's it!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.