• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEVER BUY RIGS AT A HAMFEST!

I've gotten a number of good deals at hamfests over the years. Minor adjustments or repairs don't bother me, as everything's going to need attention at some point in its life. That being said, sellers should state up front any "issues" with the gear they're selling.

Word does get around WRT the crooks.

My favorites are the guys who cart something which has a sheet-load of grease and nicotine on the knobs, faceplate and case...then try to get NEW prices for the equipment.

Really, folks? Can't take time out of your busy schedule to clean it?

I see many items that I would like to have, but just have a hard time with the prices these guys want. Like mentioned, if it didn't have greasy chicken fingered controls and look like it's been picked out of the dumpster, I'd offer a fair price.

Anymore, I just go to socialize and sell some stuff. I don't own nor sell junk. Our local fests usually have more CB stuff anyways, tables piled high with crappy old amps and junkified CB's. I will buy and break out the big bucks on items that come from a few guys I know personally. They are OCD with their stuff and will be honest about any possible issues.

It's a shame, but some of these guys will look you in the eye and shake your hand knowing they just screwed you.

You have to be soooo careful when buying used and if its not in writing / typing you dont hav a leg to stand on unfortunately This brings me to the reason I use paypal and dont care and cry about the extra fees because if its junk I get all my money back anyways ;)

YEP YEP!!! :w00t:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.