• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Amp Install (picture heavy)

Get yourself about 35-40ft of lmr240, use 20ft for the coax and the rest for jumpers, make a 3, 6 , and 9ft jumper and make sure to use good amphenol connectors as well. JMO. 123 wireless makes some good lmr 240 and so does times microwave.

Yes they do, you can't tune/align a Cobra radio using chassis ground, you have to use board ground.

The picture of the Cobra 148 I posted shows it DC connected to the chassis with the screw and components going through the same trace or did I go spend an hour photoshopping it?

Read THIS again.

What point are you trying to make because I see none relevant to this thread or my comments within it.

And since you like Toms papers, read THIS one too.

I found my arse, did you find your elbow? :love::D

Again what point are you trying to make? Don't tell me you thought I meant the 600W RMS was the RMS value of 1200W... I know how to calculate the RMS of a waveform - been doing it for three decades including the Honours Degree in Electronics Engineering I'm currently in the middle of.

I don't know what to tell you M0GVZ, someone else will have to help you find your elbow.

I've heard the brand new 148s have the chassis and board ground tied together at DC, but it wasn't like that before.

I don't know what to tell you M0GVZ, someone else will have to help you find your elbow.

So you actually don't know what point you're making?

I've heard the brand new 148s have the chassis and board ground tied together at DC, but it wasn't like that before.

Heard..and yes it was like that before. Its always been like that. It would be insane not to as you're just creating a whole bunch of potential interference problems by not doing.

So you actually don't know what point you're making?

Heard..I hear a lot of things in radio land, a lot of it is usually crap. Yes it was like that before. Its always been like that. Certainly the 20-30 year old radios I've been repairing recently are.

Psycho, I am running my setup on a Nissan nv3500 high back work van that is 8ft9in at the roof line, with my antenna the tip is at around 14ft. I also have another 6" magnet and 6 other 5" magnets on the underside of the magnet mount. I am using a modified sirio performer pl5000 with a 102"ss cut whip and drilled out base. Works well for me, talk dx daily around the world on 38lsb. 222 in rhe mobile.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio