• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New antenna set up! (done) More pictures

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
Well here is what it is right now
PICT1101.jpg
I just went to mernards and got 2 10 foot pole's and one 5 foot pole. I have to get up on the roof tomorrow and make a brace for the antenna so it will be stable. I cant put it anywere but right by the house. :( Ill just have to live with it for now. Brings back memorie's when i tried putting a 35 foot pole with the antenna on it right by the house! :roll: That didnt turn out to good. But ill post more pictures tomorrow!

PICT1137.jpg
PICT1138.jpg
And here is what it looked like when i was done!
PICT1139.jpg
Its only about 35 to 40 feet to the tip on the antenna. But my SWR is 1:4 all the way around. Not bad if you ask me :D To bad i couldnt use the neighbors tower!
PICT1136.jpg

Man !! Damned Antrons remind me of onions !! I love them ,they just never seemed to love me back )-: Looks like you live pretty darn close to others there 197 ? .....I'd feel like a needle in a hay stack next to that monster tower and beam over yonder there !! (-: ......I bet he's a friend of yours huh ? .....looks good dude , hope you have a lot of fun with it. Sure looks a little bit like Christmas over your place. Peace

197, just ask the nieghbor if you can put a switch on the coax and you 2 can share the tower and ant. you could use it for the next contest or when props are good. LOL good job at least you raised the antron up a little. 73

Thats not a bad idea. I was thinking about going over their and asking him if i could use it. But then i would have to buy about 250 more feet of coax. The way i have the antenna set up and to were my radio is i had to redo the room. I have about 5 feet of coax left. I used the whole 100 feet the way it was. And that just got me to my room. :( But im sure he would let me use it. The thing is getting it up their. :shock: The way the tower is sitting now its pry about 150 feet from were this house is and to the top of the guys tower!

Hey 197 that thing was sounding good the other night on live cb! Hey is your neighbor even running anything over there or is it one of those cases where they moved in and did not know what the heck was up with the tower(strange looking tv antenna) J/k I missed a chance to get a tower becouse of that :( Theese people moved in where there was a tower and hacked it up. I asked them about it and they said I could have had it before they choped it to pieces :?

live cb

hey chech i used the live cb thing the other day and all i herd was truckers f--- this and f--- that and fagot this and all that come one good buddy real cool concept thought

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.