• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Anytone 6666+

I own 2 of the q6 and up until the q5n2 came along the q6 was king of the station for me. Most contacts I had even made and most compliments on audio I had ever received until..... the q5n2 took the reigns. The q6 is still an outstanding radio even with a couple of quirks it may have, both mine are dead nuts on center..... at least when the knob is in the correct location. I explain below.

Now If it matters.... I learned that one of those quirks is the clarifier pot. The center of the pot isn't 12 o'clock like we would think it is or how it should be. Turn your clarifier all the way to the right while paying attention to where it stops, then all the way to the left again paying attention to where it stops. That will put your center closer to before or around 1 o'clock! Odd that they would do that but check me on it. If you put it to where you'd think center is then you're not on frequency.

That's the case with mine and a few others I've spoke to who owned the same radio. Maybe it was corrected on later models but I wouldn't know.

Yes, I created that photo ;).

I am very much across this topic. And I am sharing the facts, that I can. You can take them or leave them.

The "large display" radio is the "AT-6666 II" that I mentioned, in case you were confused about that.

No confusion, none at all, not on this end anyway.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.