• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Anytone AT-588UV VHF/UHF Mobile

Yes, Ed states they are backlit.
Okay that's what I was hoping. I received Ed's email about the radio, but didn't come across, or simply overlooked the backlit details on that email, or another read he has on it.

I'm using an HT now and hit repeaters no problem, but don't have a decent 2/440 radio with some juice. I do have an 817ND, but that's for fun.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Supposedly it was shipped some time ago, so it's just taking a bit to travel to the other side of the planet.

How long have you been waiting :confused:

☆ ★Sent from Droid★☆

Update:

I just got an email that the radio has been recalled back to engineering. They have refunded my $$ and have no ETA on when they will be shipping :(

Update:

I just got an email that the radio has been recalled back to engineering. They have refunded my $$ and have no ETA on when they will be shipping :(

That's a real big bummer ! :thumbdown: I wonder if they gained any intrest on your money for all that time .

Why is it that almost all hams are so quick to shout vaporware anytime something doesnt come out when they expect it to? There was never even a release daye specified. Besides, delays are a normal part of development, i dont see why everyone gets so surprised and upset when they happen, its a part of the delopment process. Besides, would you rather have them release a subpar buggy product, or delay the release a little bit and fix everything.
Everyone needs to stop being so negative and give the manufacturers a chance to just do there thing, and when the radio is finally ready, then it will be released.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.