• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new cobra 29s

bluestallion

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 13, 2008
Was wondering how many of you guys have the new style 29s? Do you like them? Do they seem as good as the older ones?? Thinking of getting one, but didnt know if there were any problems with the screen, etc.

They don't QUITE do what the older ones do...but for your average user no one will ever see the difference...as far as the display, mine has been turned on 24-7 on the base for over 2 months and is working fine

I've got two of the LX LE 29's and have had no problems out of either...One thing I will say about them also, is the receive seems to be cleaner on these too compared to my Black Chrome 29...

I also don't see quiet the same output on the LX's as I did on the Black Chrome...After a basic P&T the Black Chrome would swing to about 12w's or so, vs. the LX's after a basic P&T only are swinging to 8 or 9w's....No big deal tho since I have them hooked up to Amps anyway.

I love mine, changed the final to a 69 and did a transistorized variable power, does around 14w. LOVE the scan feature! No screen issues as of yet.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.