• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new cobra export radios

These do look nice but Uniden through their President line in France make radios for the European market and here. Some of them require conversions, some do not. Also I believe that Cobra makes or has made for them radios for the European market.

Sorry Freecell, I understand what you are talking about. Very interesting. I guess Cobra and Unden realize that Galaxy sells about 50% of all cb/export radios in this country. I don't remember where I read that so please take with a grain of salt. I can share one fact though. I recently read in Popular Communiations magazine that over 2 million cbs are still sold in this country per year. This is more than before and after the cb craze of the late 70s. The study was done by the University of Michigan and I think it was published in the August 2004 issue.

I've always wondered how many Cb stations are on the air on at least a semi-regular basis, world wide. And how many freebanders are there in the world. My guess on the freebanders would be several hundred thousand, but perhaps less than 1 million. But that's just a stab in the dark, nothing empirical about it.

The article also stated that there are about 1.7 million otr truck drivers in this country. Add to that all the other trucks with cbs and we have many people using cb radio on a daily basis.

not sure if i did this correctly...But is a president grant classic as good or better then the president jackson...the jackson looks like it has 6 bands of channels...the president grant classic looks like it has 3 bands of channels...any user of either radio would be much appreciate...also which has more power or is it the same??

thanks dennis

President Grant VS. President Jackson

President Grant - President Jackson
- 120 Channels - 40 or 270 channels (6X40)
- 10W AM/FM - 4W AM/FM(40 channel version) / 10W AM/FM (export version)
- 21W SSB - 21W SSB

(Info is from president catalog)

Dennis i don't now if one of them is better but they are both populair over here. Both have the president patented ASC Automatic Squelsh Control System.

Cobra "exports"

I spoke to a certain gentleman with the Fox Candy Company who told me today that he and his friends have already sent an inquiry about the 100 and 200 models and a stern warningto the mfr(s). Interesting where this could lead! :D

CWM

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.