• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new k40 trucker

hotrod

Feb 16, 2007
n.w pennsylvania
seen this antenna online.uses 8 guage wire where wilson uses 10 guage. dont know if this
makes much difference.just curious if anyone tried one,and there thoughts on it

I was on their website yesterday reading about them and wondering the same thing. Larger wire is one of Wilson's main selling points. Thinking about putting one in my attic on a big sheet of metal.

Other than higher power handling, it's not going to improve performance between the 2 just because it's a heavy gauge wire.

Are you really going to run 7000 watts on a mobile?

Any Wilson, K40, Sirio, etc. antenna that is properly installed and D.C. grounded along with good coax and connectors and tuned up to the band you operate on will work as good as the other. Don't fall for the hype and advertising.

Other than higher power handling, it's not going to improve performance between the 2 just because it's a heavy gauge wire.

Are you really going to run 7000 watts on a mobile?

Any Wilson, K40, Sirio, etc. antenna that is properly installed and D.C. grounded along with good coax and connectors and tuned up to the band you operate on will work as good as the other. Don't fall for the hype and advertising.

I know. And any of the three will perform just as poorly as the others when placed on a sheet of metal in my attic which is full of foil ducting, wiring, and my AC/Heating unit.
But it's still fun to read and compare.

Reactions: hotrod

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.