• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Look For Delta Force

changed the S-meter light over and the LED display..
Added a swing kit..thanks to the schematic for this
Volted it and with the swing kit
can key 3/4 to 1 watt swinging 40!
and with the RF Power up 100% it keys 18 swinging 40.

magnumDeltaforce.JPG

Cool deal, be careful with that 18 watt dead key, thats a bunch. Most radio's I have ever had were usually tuned to 2-8 dead key range, I have an S9 tuned by Bob's cb and it's range is 1-10.

I take it you volted the finals then to get those extra 5-10 watts?

linearone wrote:
ohman, nothing like a low DK... can you het it any lower than 3/4 of a watt? I want to be able to key up and not even have anybody know, then when I talk I want to swing up! how did you do that mod?

Try SSB.

Try double-sideband reduced carrier (DSBRC) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jeff

AudioShockwav said:
linearone wrote:
ohman, nothing like a low DK... can you het it any lower than 3/4 of a watt? I want to be able to key up and not even have anybody know, then when I talk I want to swing up! how did you do that mod?

Try SSB.

Try double-sideband reduced carrier (DSBRC) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jeff

Yep,that's what low DK and high swing really is,DSBRC. ;) I was just being sarcastic about the zero DK and all swing thing when I suggested SSB. :LOL: Why occupy two sidebands and have no carrier when one sideband will do. :LOL:

only heat i am getting is from the PNP Power Amp Regulator
which in the near future I am updating to a different one suited for the board....

If you volt the finals you don't have to worry about the regulator.

So you have not really experienced anything heating or getting hot ???? I would think she would heat up a little after the voltage adjustment

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.