• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Radio Maybe

Which would you buy?

• Cobra 200GTL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ranger 2950DX

• Ranger 2970DX

• Galaxy 95T

• Total voters
2950/70 are good choices, 95T is a good choice, and so far, all of the Cobra 200GTL's I've sold have had nothing but good remarks. For the money, my choice would be the 200GTL. I don't think it can be beaten as far as bang for the buck.

Well Peddler, as you may already know, I am nothing but a RCI man (mainly the 2950/2970dx's) now.

Over the last 4yrs I have had (6) 2950dx's & (5) 2970dx's and they have been hard to keep - so many people wanted them more than me I guess.
Of the 11 radio's only one has failed me...pretty good track record I would say for the RCI.

I have (4) as of now and they are the keepers.
-------------------
DXman

Seems like there's alot of people here that like the Ranger 2970. Only problem I have from what I've seen of the radio, is it only give's you the frequency number of what channel your on. Or does it also tell you in the display the channel number?

I know, when Im driving, I realy dont have the time to try and remember which channel is which, by looking at all those numbers.

But I am looking for a radio that has better RX than my 93t...any sugestions?

jessejamesdallas,
Just push the Manual button and the display will change to the standard 40 channels - push it again and it goes back to the freq. display.
One other thing...after you push the button it actually goes to channel "9", then use your "up" or "down" button to move the channel.
----------------
DXman

DXman said:
jessejamesdallas,
Just push the Manual button and the display will change to the standard 40 channels - push it again and it goes back to the freq. display.
One other thing...after you push the button it actually goes to channel "9", then use your "up" or "down" button to move the channel.
----------------
DXman
Oh...figured It might do that. But never seen one in person to see. And all the pic's you see of the radio, they never show the channel's...

You guys trip me out some times ...it's all good !! All those radios you have Peddler and your looking for another one ....you go dude !! Some times it feels as if IM the poorest dude on this web site ! ......Guess how many radios I have ? 3 and 2 of them are for sale and they ain't noth'in to write home to mom about .....RCI's/Galaxy's/Lincolns/Magnums ....I suppose I had a few in my times but never liked them much .....go figure ? Always could do all the SSB/AM on a old 148GTL or Grant XL with what seemed to be so much lower maintenance then those other radios , as well as I could on any of the other high dollar radios mentioned here .....You run power Peddler ? ......I would personally think you had one of the best radios ever made with your Lincoln there ....but if you got the greenbacks to spend ...HEY !! Why not !! (-: IM not surprised to see the 95T at the bottom of the list )-: S9 at the top ? ......Hmmmm ...I got to test drive one for a week a while back .....I thought the radio was OK ......but I didn't get the reports that I get on my low life 1983 Cobra 25 LTD with the trashy swing kit and TRB-1 board off my 450 Cobra XL .....Go figure ??? but I also have heard a few and I wasn't really impressed ither ....I suppose some times it just has to do with the way a persons voice sounds and the tuning of any perticular radio at hand ? ......I guess IM just a simple cb'er over the years ..i've never needed much to get my point across and IM 99% AM only kind of guy anyway .....Go figure after 20 years huh ? I just love those old school cb radios (-: with some good ole fashion power on the side. Good luck to you Peddler on whatever it is you decide to get for yourself.......Oh yeah ....reminds me of an idiot in the neighborhood out my way ....He was running a 99V ........He got himself a M-S9 ......What a blessing that was !! .......Even though I was told that they are basically the same radio ? he was no where near as loud and clear as he was on his 99V (-: ......tuning ? I really don't know ? but as I tell him everytime he decides to spit his nonsence my way .....there he goes again with his 400 dollar radio on a 40 dollar frequancy ! (-: it's all good.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.