• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Ranger Professional PPR-TLM1 *Review*

Got a sample last night from Ranger. I like the TFT screen. Will test it out over the weekend, but seems like it has a good receiver out of the box. If it could just filter out the broadcasts by the knuckleheads I would be happy.

Forgot to mention that there is a new Connex coming out. Looks great from the pictures I saw. Should get a sample for testing next week.

The connex pictures I saw were identical to this thing being discussed. I will never refer to it as a radio, it's lucky to be called a thing.

GOOD LORD WHAT A DANDY THIS THING IS!!! I seen these a while back when they hit the market I actually posted about it I couldnt understand it either but to each there own I guess.

The connex pictures I saw were identical to this thing being discussed. I will never refer to it as a radio, it's lucky to be called a thing.

You probably saw a different version than I saw, since the new design is less than 30 days old.

You probably saw a different version than I saw, since the new design is less than 30 days old.

I've seen two, this one was the easiest to find so it's what you get:

wswq6v.jpg

oh and I was wrong, it's not identical to the other thing, this one has a band switch

Yeah, that is a different model. New version looks like it has a black face and a large meter, similar to a Galaxy. Some interesting additions to the radio. I guess they are going for a patent first, so not too many people have seen it.

I've seen two, this one was the easiest to find so it's what you get:

wswq6v.jpg

oh and I was wrong, it's not identical to the other thing, this one has a band switch

the connex is a export and the ranger is a cb . both came out at the same time and both are made by rci .

Both are made by Ranger Electronics but the new Connex has not come out yet. It is not even in production. Also, since the FCC lost the case claiming the Connex was illegal, it is clear the Connex is not an "export"

the connex is a export and the ranger is a cb . both came out at the same time and both are made by rci .

Hey, at least they're trying something new instead of just refacing the same old product. I don't really understand why Ranger thinks anyone would want to use their CB to listen to MP3's on a crappy CB speaker, but I'll try to keep an open mind ;) I could see some appeal for big LCD meters from some folks. It'll be interesting to see how well this sells.
I like this radio because of the meter, I think that all new cb radios should have this display.

I think it is an attempt to get young people interested in CB's but that is all,They do not expect any one who is looking for a high wattage radio and for that I think it is great cb radios are kind of fading away to cell phones and computers.

When they went to the bother of putting a screen in the radio you would think that they would put something useful behind it, like a panadaptor so you knew straight away if there was action on the band.

If it's a "professional" radio with a TFT display, why din't the design engineers include GPS or an electronic compass at the very least? Who cares about loading in a picture of some woman you'd rather be with instead of the trucker's fat wife at home with two chubby kids on the sofa.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.