• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Ranger radio

Shioda

May 17, 2009
Ranger has a new 129TA radio arriving Monday and should be available for purchase in about 2 weeks. Hope to get a sample soon. I don't believe there is any significant design changes other than the addition of a timer/alarm that can be set by the user. Should be nice for those looking to take a short snooze at the rest stop during a long haul.

I just do not understand some of the garbage manufacturers are putting on radios today. I would venture to say that over 90% of people traveling the highways today own a cell phone that with an alarm function built in.

I really need a radio with a built in GPS, alarm clock, bluetooth, etc.

Build us a radio with the features we add to them and we will buy them.

Invest in better quality control so every radio works perfectly out of the box without needing an alignment, tune, etc.

I'm all done now.

Carry on good people. :D

I'm with Pro151 what is it with all the junk they are throwing at the wall and hoping it sticks? Why not just ask the operators what they want in a radio and then build a solid radio that is of high quality and then leave it be. All this bluetooth crap and mp3 players are getting silly I have a stereo to listen to music and I can buy a picture frame if I want to see pics. and I don't need my cb to answer phone calls that is what my handsfree device is for. Come on manufacturers BUILD US SOMETHING WE WANT NOT GARBAGE

Sad to say thats all Cobra can do these days because it sells. Now looks like RCI is trying to get in on some of the cash. Bluetooth, soundcrapper, nightwatch, nitro knobs, mp3 player, chrome this and that, Dale Jr, Dale Sr, Army Strong, Harley Davidson. I guess thats just the way it is now.

I'm with Pro151 what is it with all the junk they are throwing at the wall and hoping it sticks? Why not just ask the operators what they want in a radio and then build a solid radio that is of high quality and then leave it be. All this bluetooth crap and mp3 players are getting silly I have a stereo to listen to music and I can buy a picture frame if I want to see pics. and I don't need my cb to answer phone calls that is what my handsfree device is for. Come on manufacturers BUILD US SOMETHING WE WANT NOT GARBAGE

Surveys by Ranger showed this is a feature that customers wanted, so if you want something say it here and at what price you will be willing to pay. And remember, the radio has to pass FCC standards.

Who was surveyed? Where are the surveys taken? On the web? Truck stops? Forums? I don't get it... Galaxy seems to be the only company that really listens to us. This is a very confusing time in CB/export radio. As a member of many forums- I have NEVER seen nor heard of any surveys regarding what operators truly want. I don't mind changes for the better, but the "cutesy" dweeb features are just ridiculous. It is like child toys...

I am holding on to my TR-696FD1 and DX-95T² with both hands.

Who was surveyed? Where are the surveys taken? On the web? Truck stops? Forums? I don't get it... Galaxy seems to be the only company that really listens to us. This is a very confusing time in CB/export radio. As a member of many forums- I have NEVER seen nor heard of any surveys regarding what operators truly want. I don't mind changes for the better, but the "cutesy" dweeb features are just ridiculous. It is like child toys...

Surveyed at truck stops. I heard the board is the same board as the 696FD1, but when I get one I will confirm. Anyway, as I said post what you want and how much more extra you would be willing to pay for it.

Likewise I ain't seen any surveys either in the USA or Europe,who are they surveying ? retards?.

How about a simple export 3900 style radio with stable oscillators that don't drift,a counter that is accurate either add on or built in,backlighting that doesn't howl like a wolf on heat,decent build quality,switchable tx/rx tracking clarifier and if its not too much trouble a built in variable speech processor for AM/SSB and preferably with reliable bi polar output/s,rather than asking bi polar nutcases what they want.Oh and scrap those faggoty blue leds,wtf is that all about? red and green led's were good enough for 3 or 4 decades,was there a fire sale off blue led's in china or something?

Bluetooth,mp3,usb,timer/alarm,lcd screens,wtf? these things have no business on any radio.What's next,gps,built in hdd,built in camera too photograph all the ugly birds you eyeball,where does it end?

At this moment in time President are pricing themselves right out of the cb business and pandering to similar retards in Europe with the same sort of crappy add ons,never has there been a better time for Ranger to come out with a quality radio,that could be a legend like the cobra 148 gtl dx or superstar 360 fm !!!

Sad to say thats all Cobra can do these days because it sells. Now looks like RCI is trying to get in on some of the cash. Bluetooth, soundcrapper, nightwatch, nitro knobs, mp3 player, chrome this and that, Dale Jr, Dale Sr, Army Strong, Harley Davidson. I guess thats just the way it is now.
Correct.
I'd be happy if they just bring the build quality back up to snuff.
Good thing I still have some older Cobras...
(y)

Surveyed at truck stops...Anyway, as I said post what you want and how much more extra you would be willing to pay for it.

Here is a suggestion- Do an online survey at the Ranger/RCI website. List options that Ranger is willing to consider. Let the consumer decide. Just check the boxes. Simple. Done.

Here is a suggestion- Do an online survey at the Ranger/RCI website. List options that Ranger is willing to consider. Let the consumer decide. Just check the boxes. Simple. Done.

People complain they don't want the features being offered or that a radio, which they have never seen or tested, is crap. So why don't you say what you want and what you are willing to pay for it, right here and right now. Obviously, a $600 radio is going to have more features and perform better than a $100 radio. Over the years Cobra has driven down the price of CB radios to sell large numbers. You cannot expect a mercedes for a ford price. So say what you want and how much you would be willing to pay for it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.