• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New RF limited TRB-X2 echo board?

they have a mic amp circut yes .they sound just like the full size board .i have tried the new skythumper vortex board as well and i like the vortex board better than the rf limited board .it sounds cleaner.reproduces the voice better.thats my opinion and a friend who heard my radio says it sounds much cleaner than the rf limited board .i,m thinking of buying another one for another radio.thats how much i like it .

on that same note the skythumper board has big ol metal control pots on thier dual control.very durable but takes up some space .fits in a 29 just fine but if you have space issues then this board is not for you .the skythumper has a mic pre amp as well.i really like the board .

i have used the trb-x2 board with no problems. i like digital echo. i never liked the trb-1. i always thought it was more a reverb board than echo. i haven't tried the skythumper echo, yet. if it's as good as thier mics, i'm sure it will be a hit.

I use the Skythumper Vortex board also in a Cobra 29 or 25 that is not a NW and I use the TRB1-X2 in Cobra 29/25's that have the NW dimmer in the way.... I like both but I still lean towards the RF TRB1-X2.... I use either one of these at any given time and they are both good but for a radio with limited space, you can't beat the X2.... Both sound great.... The Skythumper board has one less step to the install also.... You don't have any wires to connect to the PTT like you do on the TRB board.... Not a big deal but still one extra step that really doesn't consume much more time but if you were doing a lot of them this could make a difference.... The X2 is exactly the same as the full size one....

i have used the trb-x2 board with no problems. i like digital echo. i never liked the trb-1. i always thought it was more a reverb board than echo. i haven't tried the skythumper echo, yet. if it's as good as thier mics, i'm sure it will be a hit.
The trb-1 is still the best echo board out there and there should be no issues with the repeatability of a transmission if you've properly set it internally as per the instructions.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.