• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Sears Slant Face Radio $30?

My advice is to not mess with the AMC or ALC unless you have access to test equipment or know exactly what you're doing...or both. One way if you absolutely have to is to turn up the AMC and for the ALC on SSB turn it wide open then slowly back it down to where it starts to kick in or clamp a little. But a good alignment would be called for on something that old as parts can change values over time.

I have one and it works well. It also doesnt talk too bad either.. My friend says its one of the BEST sounding SSB radios i have...

My advice is to not mess with the AMC or ALC unless you have access to test equipment or know exactly what you're doing...or both. One way if you absolutely have to is to turn up the AMC and for the ALC on SSB turn it wide open then slowly back it down to where it starts to kick in or clamp a little. But a good alignment would be called for on something that old as parts can change values over time.

Turning up ALC made a big difference, but then it wasnt peaking at 12 watts per FCC either. Was common for manufactures to set their radios below FCC limits to cover their ass back then.

I came up with a quick and easy way to align TX without a counter, however it requires another radio 'known' to be on freq. Just talk into the damn thing, while listening on the other radio, turn the freq adjustment until its dead on.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.