• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Stryker Model

:( well i guess the brightside is I know I am not gonna see SSB from them yet and dont have to wait anymore so its off to something different to try Magnum S-9 maybe?? Only time will tell. Anyways good luck on the new radio :)

i was told on the phone that the SSB model is supposed to be released in april....what part of april i wasnt able to get nailed down . might be worth it to wait another 2 months and see if their new reciever section is as good as they say .the s-9's will still available .

This is very unfortunate as I have been waiting for quite a while to buy a "big radio" waiting for the SSB version to come out to make my decision. I'm getting fed up with all the delays.

I was trying to decide between some Northpoints and a Magnum S45 before Stryker came out. How are these other radios? A tech I talked to at the CB Shop in Syracuse didn't seem to impressed with the Magnum. He said it's more of a southerner's radio and it had a "different" sound than the other standards. I really didn't understand what that meant, but he didn't really seem like he wanted to talk any further about it so I didn't question him on it. Being a truck driver, I've been down south many times I've never heard any "southern" sound or different sounding radios down there. Anyone else wanna take a stab at that one? Any comments on anything above?

truckerdave said:
This is very unfortunate as I have been waiting for quite a while to buy a "big radio" waiting for the SSB version to come out to make my decision. I'm getting fed up with all the delays.

I was trying to decide between some Northpoints and a Magnum S45 before Stryker came out. How are these other radios? A tech I talked to at the CB Shop in Syracuse didn't seem to impressed with the Magnum. He said it's more of a southerner's radio and it had a "different" sound than the other standards. I really didn't understand what that meant, but he didn't really seem like he wanted to talk any further about it so I didn't question him on it. Being a truck driver, I've been down south many times I've never heard any "southern" sound or different sounding radios down there. Anyone else wanna take a stab at that one? Any comments on anything above?

maybe he meant a "southern" sound being that loud ass connex/general audio with some echo in there. I know there is a lot of us down here that run that way. the connex/general's do sound different than the magnum/stryker sound, both are loud, just a different sound.

truckerdave said:
A tech I talked to at the CB Shop in Syracuse didn't seem to impressed with the Magnum. He said it's more of a southerner's radio and it had a "different" sound than the other standards. I really didn't understand what that meant, but he didn't really seem like he wanted to talk any further about it so I didn't question him on it.

Any comments on anything above?

It is simply business, Stan imports the Northpoint line of radios.I'm sure he would rather sell one of his radios over the competition's.

I run a northpoint nt-4 and it is holding up fine through 2 winters w/ good reports, I chose it over the magnum due to price... It has the same board in it as the SR440hp stryker.
Stryker was not out when i bought it, but i have been checking them out for a future 2nd mobile.

Well, the new Stryker prototype and me are all in the same town, but my mailman was apparently lazy today and didn't bother to bring the package in when he delivered the mail to the ouside box. Since I'm not in on Wednesday's, I guess it will be Thursday until I can "play".

Ok, here are my initial impressions: This radio is definitely every bit as good as the 440, but with a PEP of 120+ watts. The receive is the same as the 440, which for me is a good thing. I love the receive on my 440's. Not much else to say about it, its basically a 440 with a redesigned amp board.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio