• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New to the board, not the hobby

EricExtreme

American Eagle 813
Feb 20, 2006
North Conway, NH
www.extremeradio.us
The Name: Eric Extreme
The Call Signs: Extreme Radio, Extreme, 717 Central Massachusetts, 2SF1701, AE813, Outlaw 717, QS1701, CDX717, & RF717.
The 20: Auburn, Massachusetts (right outside Worcester)
The Base: Galaxy DX 95T w/ Astatic D104 w/ Spectrum 1600 5/8 Wave Lambda Aerial
The Mobile: Galaxy DX 95T (Long trips and DXing) and Midland 75-822 (local road travel) w/ Fatboy preamp. With the Midland is a Palomar Wasp.
Years in the hobby: 14

I first got into the hobby about 14 years ago. I never had a serious setup until about 2002.

I have a moderately long history of how I got into the hobby and some memories on my website which you can find at Extreme Radio. The history is under the section "Extreme Radio".

I am sure I have QSL'ed with some of you on the band, and hope to catch more of you on the radio.

jessejamesdallas said:
See you found us Eric...Have fun...JJD

Hey I know you haha.

I came across the board when I was playing around one night on google several months ago. I signed up for an account, but didn't think to bookmark the site, and forgot about it. I was playing around on google again this weekend and came across this site and quack shack's. I book marked em this time :)

welcome to the forum. i see your part of 1 stop electronics. that guy works out of a motel. better watch out for him. he doesn't like to ship things right away. and that form likes to ban you for no apparent reason. thsi is a better forum anyway.

blackjack said:
welcome to the forum. i see your part of 1 stop electronics. that guy works out of a motel. better watch out for him. he doesn't like to ship things right away. and that form likes to ban you for no apparent reason. thsi is a better forum anyway.
Hay BlackJack, thought I herd ya the other day in DX, But could'nt get back to ya. Long time, No hear...DX has been getting good here lately in North Texas. Be listening for ya...JJD

jessejamesdallas said:
blackjack said:
Hay BlackJack, thought I herd ya the other day in DX, But could'nt get back to ya. Long time, No hear...DX has been getting good here lately in North Texas. Be listening for ya...JJD

I heard DX booming on my radio today, but I was in the living room working on websites and didn't get over to the mic to key up. When I was getting ready for work I flipped over to 6am and heard all the big stations out there keying over each other sounding like preachers, and I couldn't not for the life of me make out what any of them were saying. Although, one day several weeks ago one was having a conversation with someone in central massachusetts, yet I heard no one around the area keying up... kinda makes ya wonder if sometimes they are having pseudo conversations with themselves.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.