• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new to the site...

SHOCKER

Sep 11, 2009
lompoc, ca
Just wanted to hello to all out here. I just joined the site yesterday. Im starting to get into cb radios again (y)
I live in southern Cali and I go by SHOCKER on AM and when im on sideband im socal785. Real names Jessie.
Im running only a mobile unit right now. In my Saturn I Have a Cobra 148 GTL (side mic (y)) peaked and tuned with upper and lower extra channels, Road King 56 mic, and just added a Texas Star DX350 today to help out a little. Im finally getting my wilson 5000 magnet mount on monday. When Im in the work truck ( a tow truck) im running a Cobra 29 LTD peaked and tuned.
As far as other hobbies im into Drag Racing, xbox live, basically anything electronic.
Well look forward to meeting yall. If I left anything out feel free to ask :)

You'll be able to get out a long way with that set-up. I had a simular set-up on my car with a Wilson 5000 and same radio and amp and I would talk to a couple guys on my way out of town. On sideband I could get 60 miles down the road before I started to fade.

Well I found out that if im running maxed out i bleed over my parents computer speakers quite easy:laugh: so when trying to go the distance i got to remember to keep my distance lol. So far I have no complaints :)

Drag racing....do you go to Irwindale Speedway?

I'm in SoCal also. What channel do you hang out on? If you need some help, let us know :)

Im usually on chan 22 out here in Lompoc. I finally got my wilson 5000 and got everything installed today:D I can deff tell a huge difference now that im running a quality antenna!
I actually havent gotten to go to a drag Race since I moved back here. I want to though! I got into drag racing when i was living in South Carolina and i miss going to the grudge matches. Run what ya brung is the only way to go!(y)

shocker. hello saw you were from S.C. i am in N. C. 60 miles west of winston salem.small town called millers creek.just out side of north wilkesboro near the north wilkesboro speed way.i was in nascar for over 21 ysars.saw you were into drag racing.like the cb rig you have. i have almost the same thing. i have a 1989 s-10 pickup truck.can`t run full power shuts the computer off.see you later and have a nice day. henry jr-unit 41 tjcat23@charter.net

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.