• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New work truck with factory co-phase?

bubby1

Mar 22, 2009
Have a new assigned work truck with factory co-phase setup and a broken antenna on p/s(treelimb got the best of it).The coax looks like each leg if you will can be unscrewd seperately behind the main plug that goes in the back of radio.Can I just unscrew the coax that is going to the right side and use my radio safely untill I purchase a new antenna?

Have a new assigned work truck with factory co-phase setup and a broken antenna on p/s(treelimb got the best of it).The coax looks like each leg if you will can be unscrewd seperately behind the main plug that goes in the back of radio.Can I just unscrew the coax that is going to the right side and use my radio safely untill I purchase a new antenna?

co-phased coax uses 75 ohm coax , for a single antenna you need 50 ohm coax . change it to a single run of 50 ohm coax (y)

10-4 I would if I could figure how to run it into the truck there is no vent window the mirror's are body mounted not door like the older truck's.

If it's a Kenworth with Aerodyne mirrors, the 75 ohm coax comes in through the mirror base, crosses back and forth under the dash 3 times, and then up the A post and across to the splitter.

If it's a Kenworth with west coast mirrors, the 75 ohm coax comes in through the roof above the door, and crosses back and forth 3 times above the headliner, and then to the splitter.

Either way, you need 2 antennas, or a 50 ohm run of coax.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.