• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Yaesu Digital HT?

K3IRA

Feb 15, 2010
anybody know anything about a new yaesu digital HT. I was in the process of looking up information about the new icom id31 star HT and stumbled across a youtube video of a convention in tokyo on august 26th where a guy was showing video of a new yaesu HT with no model numbers boasting 'digital' across the spot that 'gps' normally is etched on the vx8gr...does anybody know anything about it? I cant say ive ever heard of this c4fm fdma mode that's written on the tag in the display case here is a copied url Yaesu Digital HT 08/26/2011 11:52pm PST - YouTube

I would LOVE To see Yaesu put out a P25 HT. I'm sure Icom would hate this though, lol.

I would love to have one but it would have to trunk. And monitor the existing Govt stations like a scanner.

That's kind of interesting, as Motorola now has a vested interest in Yaesu/Vertex.

Currently, the smallest P25 portable that I know of that Mot makes is the XTS2500 series, and while not huge, it's not as small as the VX-8 series.

Think this would seriously undercut their sales of Mot's 'real' handhelds for the public service market, especially if it gets part 90 approval.... like the Wouxons. Don't think they'd put the trunking firmware in it tho.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out!

I'd like to see how it works on the P25 machine here... maybe I could get a sample hehe :tongue:

Tim W5FN

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.