• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Zealand on 17 meters

fasteddy

Apr 5, 2005
Just made a contact with ZL1AMO, Ron in Auckland NZ. Nice fella to visit with. I went to his webste, and was impressed with all the DX awards he has won. He gave me a 5/5 report, and I was barefoot at 100 watts.Great fun
Ed

novakor said:
Ed nice contact,what freq were you on and is there a certian freq. on 17m you use.SWListeners want to know :D
73,Stu

Yeah and more than SWL'ers want to know.You seem to hang on 17m A LOT.I now have the tribander back in action for 10-15-20m and an inverted L for 80m mainly but it will tune to any band.Even have the longwire still up but I think the L works better on HF.We will have to try a contact again sometime.The last times were less than great. ;)

Well guys, I don't really have a certain freq on 17 that I hang out on. It is such a small band anyway. 18.130 seems to be a freq that is used for general calls tho. I do hang out on 14.300 a lot tho, Maritime Mobile service net, and check in pretty frequently.
Stu, tune to 3.989 on thurs eves at 8 PM Mountain and give a listen. I am net control for the Columbine net. I am duckingout next thurs (9/1) to go to my wifes graduation, shes an RN now, WHOPPPPPPEEEEEE :LOL:
Ed

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.