• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Newbie Base Station Setup - Cont.

Man LC, you made me cry!

I paid A LOT more than than for the two 50 ft pieces of RG-213 I just bought from Ham Radio Outlet.

About $60 more for the two together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is an XLNT deal!
Woof!

i would not buy the coax from copper electronics.

i bought some RG8 from them years ago and they didnt solder the shield braid to the connectors.

this was right after i asked in their forum if they did solder them, and was assured by the moderator that they did. LOL BS!

oh how they hated me for bringing that up over and over. LOL

this seems like a pretty good deal to me:
50' RG-213 Coaxial Cable w/Gold Tip PL-259's Installed - eBay (item 190380159094 end time May-11-10 16:02:36 PDT)

LC

I just purchased this coax, thank you for the link...

Will, you're welcome.

Robb, sorry LOL. that sucks.
i actually just came across it by accident.
i was impressed with the price as well.
LC

Guy wire eyelets installed.

Just finished drilliing and installing the eyelet bolts for my guy wires. Als bought 3 more U-Bolts for antenna mast and support pole. I am going to have to buy 2" or 2 1/2" U-Bolts to secure the clothesline pole, support pole, and antenna mast together as well as metal hose clamps. I am going to be using 7/16" x 100' of Solid-braid nylon, polyester, and polypropylene mixed rope. It has a 300lb workload and a 3000lb break strength so a guy wire breaking is not going to be a concern for me.

Attachments

• Guy wire eyelets.jpg
    Guy wire eyelets.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.