• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Newbie just saying Hi

FNH

Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2013
South Island, New Zealand
Hi Folks,

Just thought I’d poke my head up and say hi from the South Island of New Zealand. I’ve been slowly getting back into CB recently again, after having one set up as a base station a couple of decades ago back in the UK. I fitted an older Cobra 148gtl in my Ute with a Clarion antenna and found things pretty quiet round here generally, a few truckies and logging crews etc. So I bought a Yeticom Optima AM/FM/SSB rig that covers 24.500-29.995 to set up as a base in my office to see if I could pick up things further afield. I’ve just built my first antenna and got it mounted on the roof of the house and it has really made a huge improvement when hooked up to my scanner, but the SWR is still a little high and I am just working on getting it down to acceptable levels to transmit with on the Optima. I’m flying a little blind, but having fun all the same. Terrain isn’t the best here, as I am on a plain surrounded by low hills, but I’ll work with what I have and see what happens.

Cheers FNH

Welcome aboard! Lots of guys on this forum with lots of knowledge. You should enjoy your optima when you get you antenna ironed out. I have worked lots of really good sounding and polite stations from "the kiwi capital of the world" on ssb. (y) 73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.