• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NMO install, coax advice please!!

211inthamag

Jan 12, 2008
Natchez, Ms
OK..i cant believe im going to have a hole cut in the roof of my truck.. I purchased a new Larsen NMO 2/70B to have installed in the roof of my truck! My question is what is the BEST coax to get that isn't the size and stiff like lmr 400 or heliax? Would one say Rg 142 with a "N" connector to the antenna and a PL to the radio? My goal is to find the best coax for flexible mobile installation with the lowest loss possible! What are yall running?

Last edited:

Seconded. The length of run you'll have will mean there's very little loss - just get the best quality RG58 you can as it does vary a bit.

I bought the same setup from Larsen. The antenna works great. Looking at the shield on the coax before installing the connector... it was pretty thin stuff. You could probably buy better coax. With that being said, it is a short run, and mine seems to perform just fine despite the shield being wimpy.

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.