• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No element in bird 43p wattmeter?

D8 is in series with the mod xformer and the collectors for the final and driver. That's what everyone jumps to get an extra half watt. I wouldn't be too surprised if there was some concealed damage to the modulation transformer.

Is this an older 29? I'm curious because I fixed a 29 chrome for a guy that reversed the power leads with no fuse. He actually did it twice and it burned a ground trace before hurting anything else each time.

D8 is in series with the mod xformer and the collectors for the final and driver. That's what everyone jumps to get an extra half watt. I wouldn't be too surprised if there was some concealed damage to the modulation transformer.

Is this an older 29? I'm curious because I fixed a 29 chrome for a guy that reversed the power leads with no fuse. He actually did it twice and it burned a ground trace before hurting anything else each time.
It's a new 29 ltd chrome with a mosfet and en1230.

I'm curious because I fixed a 29 chrome for a guy that reversed the power leads with no fuse. He actually did it twice and it burned a ground trace before hurting anything else each time.

Twice? Slow learner. :D A friend of mine years ago did the same thing. It blew open a trace or two but the noise filter coils looked pretty sketchy too.

You should be able to key that with no load for at least an hour with out anything popping. If they went the second you keyed then they where ready to go no matter what.

Even SuperSnake did this on Camera and I think one of his builds was dead keyed with no coax or anything on the bench for 4 hours with him taking the temp with a non-contact IR thermometer. I think he originally intended to leave it on all night but by hour 4 it was getting a bit warm.

If you want to see hot key a radio with cheesy NPC or Super Swing with a 1000 cycle test tone and watch how hot it get's! You will start popping parts in no time!

Assuming the diodes where not bad usually when diodes start popping it is a good thing because usually you have reversed polarized something or have a short on the board and they just saved a lot of other more expensive parts from popping. With modern SMD boards that are thin you are just as likely to have a trace lift or burn up as you are to have a diode pop if things go wrong!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.