• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No sound/audio chip HOT! ?????

07dodgeram5.9

BANNED
Jul 9, 2016
Texas
cobra 29 wx NW st

Hi I'm very new to the hobby but love it already not much equipment just a good basic general electrical knowledge ( I'm a diesel tech)
I just installed a swing kit (no it's not the swing kit that did it... Keep reading) had both covers off checking swr and dropped radio on speaker cover solder side towards rear right had corner (if your looking at radio) it was sending and receiving perfect until the ouchie can't figure it out...
HELP!!!
Here's what I do know...

No sound coming out the radio until you put the speaker up to your ear very faint wx no receive dead keys fine no swing... The audio chip TDA2003 is red hot probably almost glows ( figure of speech ) happens as soon as you turn radio on w/wo mic (mic is good) plugged in... Here is what I checked and or changed-

Audio chip (changed)
D8, D11,
C41, C48, C122,

Ok that's all the stuff I've read here and there to check bla bla bla
Ain't nothing working out for me
I'm used to a nice little diagnostic trouble tree at work lol not this digging around on forums and finding little tidbits of information

I've been to CB tricks checked schematics tried to create a diagnostic game plan on my own not having much such luck

Where do I go from here?
TR 11 12 & 13????

Any info would be helpful does anyone think it's a short? Or a back feed from lack of ground somewhere some diode done busted when it got shorted or more like some other possible component failure causing this issue???

Check all traces on the board itself and also look for the board to be broken possibly somewhere. Give it some time, I'm sure you will get a response!! Hope you get it resolved.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.