• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

noob here

KD8NKK

Feb 20, 2010
hamilton ohio
first i wanted to say hello to all. and this is a great form. i have been studding for my ham test. the test is on 3-13-2010. cant wait to take it. i am goin to try to get my general. i pass all the pratice tests for tech with 90-100%, the general 80+.
i bought a ft-2900 but it is on order. it should be in in three days or so. i still need some coax and antenna for it. i plan on using it as a mobil and base untill i get some more money to buy another rig for use as a base.
i have been into cb for 16 years but never used ham because of the code. now that this is no longer a requierment. i want to go for it.

Best of luck on teh test!! They really are not to hard to pass

That 2900 you are getting should serve you very well,they are good solid radios

Catch you on the air soon !!

Country...if you do make general class you will like it.I have been a general class for about 2 years and finally just picked up a HF radio a few weeks ago.

I have had a great time on HF,been hanging out on 17 and 20 meter bands and have been working all over,have hit Lithuania,Poland,Russia,Sweden,France as well as all over the states on just an Icom IC 736,it has 100 watts out, and an off center fed windom

Just proves that you dont need alot of power or huge antenna systems.And the sunspots are moving back up again,the next few years will be alot of fun,you are getting into ham at the right time for some good long range contacts

Catch ya on the band soon I hope !!

When you get that license and install done, let's see some pics. Make sure and keep us informed of how you do on the tests. If you get your general, start saving for an HF rig!!!

sounds like lots of fun. and i will take some pic's and post them as i get things going. it may be a while before i can get a hf rig. hope to here you all on the air.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.