• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Offroading radios

What do you think would work? Too bad satallite phones wouldnt come down in price a little. I looked it up, just an emergency plan with no minutes is 40 a month and a minute is a dollar something.

megaphone.jpg

LOL @ the pics.

Seriously, I'd try outfitting one ATV with a couple hundred watts on the frequencies you're already using and see if it works. If it doesn't you can sell the amplifier on ebay or something.

The best way to do it would be to put up a repeater on the peak that will have coverage of both the base and mobile stations. That could be be more costly than the sat-phone plan, though.

I guess im going to have to ditch the whole idea and just hope nothing happens to anyone. It doesnt seem anything is really going to work.

I guess im going to have to ditch the whole idea and just hope nothing happens to anyone. It doesnt seem anything is really going to work.
It seems to me if you're in a place that remote then it's up to you too decide how much human life is worth and the best option for any emergency is to be well prepared and you'll need to run over many different scenarios of what might happen and what you'll need to survive any of those complications.

Complacency is not an option.

I dont really think there is anything that will work. If there was, i would do it, this is driving me nuts.:headbang

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.