• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ok now I am in deep doo doo

I just went to the junk yard and pulled this off a junked p71 crown victoria police car
edaqumu3.jpg

sydatymy.jpg

i like this ground strap ALOT better

The more surface area the better the signal can travel on it...current travels through wire, signal travels on it? From what I remember, the bigger the better for bonding?

Ok I put the new Maxrad antenna on (without spring as advised to try first) I was only able to get Swrs down to nearly 1.75 on 1 and 40 and down to 1.5 on channel 19. Anymore cutting on antenna rod or shall I know start looking for a better ground? I guess Maxrad was bought out by Pctel as the packaging said Maxrad but the antenna coilnis branded Pc Tel

Please read above and give input. In regards to the static in am/fm radio. My cb antenna is mounted to rear quarter panel and is only a foot away from my rear built in window antenna. Brand new radio.

Is there any reason that you do not mount the antenna near the center? Even if it is on the trunk lid? Having the largest surface area possible underneath the antenna can provide the greatest amount of ground reflection for it. This is why it is best to roof mount a 11m/CB antenna. Not only is there more metal below the antenna in all directions, but it doesn't get wave reflections as it would from being on the trunk lid.

Last edited:
No not a perticular reason. Would definitely need a spring if I did as I couldn't open my trunk. Would it make a difference if I drilled a hole through the rear quater panel or would it yield the same results as the trunk lid. I am going to remove the old grounding strap, hit the metal with a wire brush and install the new braided wires. Will put one on each side of the trunk lid mounted to the trunk lid hinge

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.