• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Okay, Here's Your Challenge: A 6mhz Bandwidth 10~11M Vertical

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to respond in a snit like that. The dB was simply asking what the reference was when quoting the gain figure. No reason you could not have simply stated what it was instead of telling him to look it up. Am I to assume that YOU yourself have no idea what the gain is referenced to? It could be 6dB over a half wave dipole,quarter wave vertical, isotropic radiator, wet noodle or have no reference at all which is itself meaningless. My home brew 6m yagi has a gain of 29dB over a wet string at a similar height.

Reactions: 1 person
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/529

Cushcraft R8 to many zeros

Cushcraft R8 Vertical antenna

One trap the rest are parasitic elements.

What would you like to quote from any antenna handbook? We can start with table of contents if you like?

Modeling the T2FD

Try Barker and Williamson site for R&D if you are so inclined to find out who did the research on the antennas.

Barker & Williamson - manufacturing military HF broadband folded dipole antenna,  emergency HF broadband folded dipole antenna, commercial HF broadband folded dipole antenna, amateur HF broadband folded dipole antenna, Miniductor and Airdux air wound

Although you are experimenting with verticals, (and antenna experimenting is the best part of the hobby to me) Your discussion reminds me of the T2FD antenna, great VSWR curve but it is just a big dummy load for performance.

So you have the EZNEC plots but no physical description or picture of the "Mystery antenna" the plots are for. So looking at the plots is just eye candy, interpret as useless.

813amp

Not quite on topic but take a look at this tuned input circuit for the 813 amp.

Utilizing this type of matching network you may just be able to have a broad banded vertical. Key word is MAY be able to. Just food for thought.

I am not knocking or slamming your experiments but if you post "claims" and EZNEC plots then back it up with physical description or picture of the antenna. Until the time you can produce such then the posts you have made in this thread are just cheap entertainment.

Thanks for the reply, wavrider...

This thread is on broadband antennas for 10-11 M. The R8 NOT R8000) is not a broadband antenna. It is a multiband antenna that lists for about $550. Sorry, but this item is OT.

No need to be insulting by telling me to look at the table of contents of an antenna book. That statement obviously means that you think I know nothing about antennas. I'll let others judge the veracity of that implication on the basis of the things I say and do. Or they can look for some of my published papers on antenna design online.

The T2FD is a terminated folded dipole that radiates poorly on pretty much any frequency. (Sort of like a 1/4 wave vertical connected to a ground rod.)

If my design had any resistors or other similar devices, like the B&W, then I would agree with you that the two had similarities.

I can understand your skepticism since I have chosen NOT to publish any fotos. Anyone that has a modicum of antenna building skill would see instantly what I built (if not how it works.) No new science or breakthrough. Just the implementation of something that "everybody knows" wouldn't work -- so why try!

I'm sorry, but you will have to wait a bit for pictures and a complete "parts list" and interconnection diagram. But its simple enough that a friend in the UK built one using just the fotos & some key dimensions. Took him about 2 hours, including gathering bits & pieces.

All the best,

Bill

That is apples and oranges.

I agree with you, they are apples and oranges. So, why did you bring it back up? The context of the message you quoted from was about HF antennas, you then responded with a reference to a VHF antenna.

No, YOU find out what that is referenced to if it bothers you. Your argument may be with the Hustler Company and not me.

So you are referencing 6DB gain, and you have no idea what that 6DB gain is compared to? And when I ask, you tell me to go look it up myself?

OK then... Question...

How am I supposed to trust your facts and figures when you clearly don't know them and aren't willing to find out for yourself?

I did look it up for you BTW, it is DBi.

The DB

Thanks for the reply, wavrider...

No need to be insulting by telling me to look at the table of contents of an antenna book. That statement obviously means that you think I know nothing about antennas. I'll let others judge the veracity of that implication on the basis of the things I say and do. Or they can look for some of my published papers on antenna design online.

The T2FD is a terminated folded dipole that radiates poorly on pretty much any frequency. (Sort of like a 1/4 wave vertical connected to a ground rod.)

If my design had any resistors or other similar devices, like the B&W, then I would agree with you that the two had similarities.

I can understand your skepticism since I have chosen NOT to publish any fotos. Anyone that has a modicum of antenna building skill would see instantly what I built (if not how it works.) No new science or breakthrough. Just the implementation of something that "everybody knows" wouldn't work -- so why try!

I'm sorry, but you will have to wait a bit for pictures and a complete "parts list" and interconnection diagram. But its simple enough that a friend in the UK built one using just the fotos & some key dimensions. Took him about 2 hours, including gathering bits & pieces.

All the best,

Bill

Bill you ASSUMED that I told you to start with the table of contents! If you would read the post it says WE not YOU. No insult intended. Amusing you would interpret it that way?

As far as your knowledge of antennas? Self proclaimed in your previous posts.

I like the way you spell photos (FOTOS) Wee bit from across the pond are we?

So the mystery antenna will remain a mystery? Then if you never intended to show what you have built with this mystery antenna, why bother even posting about it?

Send some links to the published articles you have online? I would be interested in reading them. I am always interested in learning something, even if it is from a self proclaimed expert in the field.

Last edited:
Bill you ASSUMED that I told you to start with the table of contents! If you would read the post it says WE not YOU. No insult intended. Amusing you would interpret it that way?

I asked you what/where in the antenna literature. You responded with the table of contents.

Oh...

Yes... I understand now.

That was the ROYAL we, wasn't it?

As far as your knowledge of antennas? Self proclaimed in your previous posts.

Hmmm... I suggested that others could determine my expertise by looking at what I said. I also said that anyone that cared to check my expertise could also search for articles I have written.

I like the way you spell photos (FOTOS) Wee bit from across the pond are we?

Do I sense an Anglophobe in our midst? Born in Reno, NV. Current residency is NC. In my life I was blessed with the opportunity to visit nearly a DXCC of countries. Many wonderful sights and people. Some of them spoke English as opposed to American. Never found any place as WONDERFUL as the US of A.

So the mystery antenna will remain a mystery? Then if you never intended to show what you have built with this mystery antenna, why bother even posting about it?

Is that a SERIOUS question? This thread is about the design and implementation of a 6 MHz Antenna for 10 & 11M. Or did you forget that?
I responded with some, but not all the data. Did you REALLY expect a complete set of measured plans? (A PM with a NDA might have been appropriate, but I kinda think that, after the preceding diatribe, that I wouldn't feel confident about it. Sorry, wav, but when you impute someone's character, that kinda casts aspersions on your own character. So, no, I won't share that data with YOU.)

Links to the published articles you have online? I would be interested in reading them. I am always interested in learning something, even if it is from a self proclaimed expert in the field.

There's a relatively new tool. It's called GOOGLE. See what you get. Use the added search term of antenneX if you have problems.

All the best,

Bill

KT4YE

This topic has lost it's amusement value.

Have fun with the antenna experiment.

Hopefully you can post something substantial besides just claims.

Wait you all ready made the statement that you would not post any information about this antenna? Funny.

Have a good day.

yawnsv2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.