• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Old Grant DX, Stryker 955 or 2nd AT-6666

The Grant DX came in.

Doing 24w pep on SSB using a 2400hz tone from my phone. And dk is 3-4w on AM (no peak meter here to check that). Has the x99 board (no letters after)

Great signal reports in the limited DX today. Got Minnesota twice, AL, and GA and some others. All said clear and on frequency.

Only noticeable issue is two times today the audio drops out totally and TX ability goes with it. No meter movement, no TX light, and no power on external meter.

Probably send to the tech I got it from to check out when I get some loot $$. He said it didn't have that issue when on his bench.

Been on for 4 hours now without issue occurring again. Thoughts anyone??

C11FA61F-0DA5-4F2C-85A6-9EE2272FF661.jpeg

Sent Grant DX back for fixing. Lost all audio today and at same time it won't TX. :cry:

He's going to rebench it and find out what's up. Going to check RX to as to my ears it didn't seem as smooth (aka quiet and distinct) as the 66XL I just got in.

Really wonder that if for $70 more I could have grabbed another 6666. o_O(n)

All fixed up. Apparently something in the PLL connection so he resoldered everything in the circuit.

Also did Shottky upgrade and 2SC2999 1st amp transistor, and new meter bulb and tuned RX for better ears as well. Also checked the caps as well. He said after tune and new parts it was way better on the bench.

Can't wait to try it out.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.