• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Old Tube Amp causing fregeuncy drift on SSB??

Wait... you rebuilt the power supply using "Beefed up" components, and also the board was putting out more.... more what? Voltage? If so how much and how did you correct this? More amperage? Of so, who cares? Earlier, not to sound disrespectful you asked me what RF bypassing was. Can you share with me what was done? I am definitely leaning toward power supply now. Although, this could be verified by just checking different voltage feeds in the radio on the board making sure they don't fluctuate.

Wait... you rebuilt the power supply using "Beefed up" components, and also the board was putting out more.... more what? Voltage? If so how much and how did you correct this? More amperage? Of so, who cares? Earlier, not to sound disrespectful you asked me what RF bypassing was. Can you share with me what was done? I am definitely leaning toward power supply now. Although, this could be verified by just checking different voltage feeds in the radio on the board making sure they don't fluctuate.
Checks on the main board show about 15VDC in RX. With full modulation on SSB drops to 13.8-14.

Ok, need help on this! I decided to do some rebuilding/updating on parts in this amp.
There are 4 big filter caps (450v/320uf) in here. I unscrewed them and removed them before I took note of the +/- alignment.
2 are chained together and the other 2 are chained together.
Can someone take a look at the schematic here and tell me how the polarities need to be done. At $30 each I don't want to do this wrong...
thanks!

Attachments

• PAL750B_sch.pdf
    49.1 KB · Views: 151

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.